Specialized steel frames,
supports and handles for pipes and pipelines,
slide plate packets...
More about our products and technologies »
Setting heavy machines and equipment on foundations, supporting low-pressure unit turbines with blocks slide plate packets...
New repair method of heavy machinery and equipment foundation, exemplified by the GMVH-12 motor compressor.
read more »
Application of our own and modified shipbuilding technologies in the polish gas industry.
read more »
Control tests of vibration parameters after the reconstruction of the foundation of compressor unit No. 6
Gas Transmission Company in the town of Rembelszczyzna near Warsaw
Executed by a team directed by:
prof. dr hab. inż. Grzegorz B±k
Building and design construction licence
Specialist in structural construction
St - 193/84
WARSAW, September 1995
3.2. Conclusions from comparative analyses
The comparative analysis has been conducted on the basis of results of the tests performed prior to the reconstruction of the foundation of compressor unit no. 6 on the upper plate of the foundation block - report  - and the results of control tests completed after the reconstruction presented in this study.
1. Markedly lower peak values of the acceleration amplitude in the "x" and "y" directions in the case of compressor no.6:
2. Lower peak values of the acceleration amplitudes in the direction of the "z" axis by approximately 10%, at the 3DP measuring point - operator's workstation -compared to .
||for "x" - minimum twofold decrease compared to the acceleration amplitudes caused by the operation of compressor no 5;
||for "y" - minimum tenfold decrease compared to the acceleration amplitudes caused by the operation of compressor no 5;
1. The corners of the upper foundation section - peak values of acceleration decreased by 30 to 60% compared to  (point 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G - compressor No.6);
2. The upper foundation section - peak values of acceleration at measuring points of the piston support structure of the compressor unit decreased by approximately 30 to 50% compared with  (points 9G, 10G compressor No.6). Caution: below the support structure of the pistons there is a gas transmission installation.
3.3. Assessment of harmful influence of vibration upon workers, forecast
1. It can be concluded, on the basis of the diagram of effective acceleration values in 1/3 octave ranges, in the frequency range from 1 Hz to 100 Hz, that the admissible values of vibration acceleration have not been exceeded.
2. With low frequencies, the vibration acceleration values in the "z" direction only insignificantly exceed the level of human perceptibility of vibration (Appendix 5).
3. In the other directions, namely "x" and "y", the effective acceleration values do not even exceed the threshold of human perceptibility.
3.4. Assessment of the completed reconstruction and final conclusions
3.4.1. On the whole, it is justifiable to say that the completed reconstruction of the foundation of the compressor unit on the upper plate of the foundation block, and the accompanying change in the attachment of straight connecting pipes, which directly receive gas pumped from compressors, considerably decreased the intensity of vibration of the foundation block. The previous structure of vibration was, in the first place, strongly dominated by the vibration towards the main shaft of the compressor unit - the "y" direction. This phenomenon is not observed any longer.